This book was wonderful! Every story was different from funny, to scary, to mysterious, to sad, to philosophical. Some stories broke my heart and others gave me hope for what can be next after we die. A part of me now wants to be a ghost… I am just not sure what I want to hunt… as per this book, the options are infinite.
This was my first book from Kevin Brockmeier and I already added two of his previous books in my reading list. I was blown away by this writing. The ability to take me to a haunted but wonderful world through story after story, all original in their own way, all taking me to different places at different times, with different characters from all spectrum of life.
I totally and completely recommend this book. It is a wonderful book to grab at any time, with a cup of tea and randomly pick stories that are always one to two pages long so it is a short, wonderful and sweet read. The stories can be sad, mysterious, sorrowful, profound, hopeful, encouraging, happy, and comforting. A truly unique book that will haunt you in a positive and wonderful way.
Quick details on this book:
- Publisher : Pantheon
- Publication date : March 9, 2021
- Language : English
- Print length : 288 pages
Other published works from the author Kevin Brockmeier
- Things That Fall from the Sky (New York City: Pantheon Books, 2002)
- The View From The Seventh Layer (New York: Pantheon Books, 2008)
- The Truth About Celia (New York: Pantheon Books, 2003)
- The Brief History of the Dead (New York: Pantheon Books, 2006)
- The Illumination (New York: Pantheon Books, 2011)
- A Few Seconds of Radiant Filmstrip: A Memoir of Seventh Grade (New York: Pantheon Books, 2014)
For younger readers
- City of Names (Viking, 2002)
- Grooves: A Kind of Mystery (New York: Katherine Tegen Books, 2006)
What are you reading now? Any recommendations? Love to know!