Every morning is a new opportunity to pursue success and happiness. An opportunity to be kind, to be productive, to reach goals, and to make dreams come true.
It is important to have small morning actions that are part of your morning routine that propels you to start the day with a positive mindset. The majority of the time these actions are easy to put into practice and can make the world of difference in how your day goes forward.
I am providing five of these simple actions below. My intention is that some of them can easily be incorporated or added to your ongoing morning routine adding positivism, kindness, and peace to your mornings and setting up the day the right way mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- Make your bed: It has been proven that making your bed boosts your sense of productivity. Making your bed provides you with the personal satisfaction of been productive and protective of your personal space. Also coming home to a room with a tidy bed provides additional comfort. Try it. Make your bed. Every morning.
- Say good morning: Saying good morning is a kind way to start the day. Say good morning to your spouse, your kids, your pets, neighbors, coworkers, teachers, and classmates. Greet everyone you see in the morning with a heartfelt Good Morning. You will start noticing your heart-opening. Be kind and say good morning with a smile.
- Listen to an uplifting and positive podcast: Starting your day with a positive podcast is a fantastic idea to add to your morning rituals. There is so many uplifting podcast nowadays, from short ones to long ones and from meditation to affirmations. Listening to positivism and motivational stories while prepping breakfast, getting ready, or commuting is food for the mind and soul.
- Do breathing exercises: There are so many good free apps that have short breathing exercises for free. Just 3 to 5 minutes will do the job and you will feel alert, mindful, conscious, and peaceful.
- Check your calendar: Keep track of what is happening in your day early in the morning. From using your phone calendar to an old-school agenda, take two minutes every morning to see what is up with your day. From grocery shopping to dinner planning, from doctor’s appointments, paying bills, or even doing laundry. Keeping track of your to-do list early in the morning will ensure you actually accomplish them on time.
There you have it, 5 easy actions you can incorporate into your morning rituals that do not change what you already are doing, but add zest, inspiration, peace, kindness, and happiness to your morning. After all, that’s what we want… HAPPY MORNINGS.
Go ahead and create your own inspiring morning ritual. It is not about adding habits that will take forever and even increase your stress level, but that you can easily add to your ongoing one. Try one of the tips every week and see if it works for you or not, then keep adding or changing them every week until your mornings become an open opportunity to get your body, mind, and soul ready for a happy day.