We are three weeks away from our Mediterranean Cruise and Barcelona Trip and we have pretty much all tied down (as much as possible). We are starting to look into packing our clothes, finishing our excursions selections, and getting to know more about Barcelona. So as I start packing our bags and getting ourselves ready, I wanted to share our packing list for both the airplane flight and our small backpack we will be using when we walk around Barcelona and during the excursions at the port.
Airplane Back Pack: We will travel with three backpacks (one for my husband and two to be shared between me and my two sons). I will focus on the one that I will be sharing with my sons since the flight will be a long one (Houston to Frankfurt and then a two-hour flight to Barcelona). I like to make sure that we will be able to be comfortable in the airplane and therefore I will be packing:
- Passport and Flight Tickets Holder
- Tablets (yes we each get one)
- 3 headphones
- Portable Chargers (just in case)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Small hand cream
- 3 small books (one for each of us)
- 2 neck pillows (I am skipping on this one)
- My notebook (journal)
- 2 pens (yes, I always travel with two)
- Passport holder
- Very small make-up bag: stick foundation, lip balm, lipstick, blush stick, sample size perfume)
- (3 underwears and 3 lightweight shirts)
- Headache and allergies medicines
We will be wearing comfortable light sweatpants (for me it will be leggins) and comfortable cotton shirts with light jackets, socks, and tennis shoes.
For our days in Barcelona and our excursion days we will be carrying:
- Small backpack – We are getting one for the four of us. Big enough to carry at least 2 bottles of water, but small enough that my 9-year old can easily carry it too.
- Portable Battery Charger
- Passport Copies – We do not walk around with our passports, but a copy of the passports and we leave the originals in the hotel’s safety box.
- Anti-bacterial Gel
- Pre-paid tickets receipt (hop off hop on the bus, or museums)
- Camera (yes we still travel with one)
- Small wipes
- 2 bottles of waters (at all time)
If it is going to be a rainy day we will be wearing our rain jackets.
Hopefully, these two lists help you when doing your own checklist and help you make sure that you and your family are comfortable during the flight and when doing tourism in an unknown location. It is important to keep it short as we will be doing the same packing every day we get out of the hotel or cruise ship so it should be easy to put all together in a matter of minutes. Please take note that when doing the excursions on the Cruise we will NOT be going to beaches, but cities where we will mostly walk around or be in bus tours.
Just wondering… what am I missing???